FAQ for Candidates
All of our fees are paid by the employer. However, there are certain expectation we have for our candidates: Without exception, our search process necessitates a relationship between recruiter and candidate based on honesty, trust and cooperation. Candidates must be willing to devote time and energy in the process to have a successful outcome.
This includes making time to interview, preparing for interviews (“doing your homework”), being honest with your feelings and opinions, and keeping your recruiter updated on your other job leads.
Our goal is to create a mutually beneficial partnership between our candidates and employers.
- Relationship Development
Making a career change is an issue that affects your whole life. Our recruiters spend time getting to know you, your needs, and your goals. We do not rely on technology to “match” our candidates to positions.
- Industry Specialization
Each of our recruiters is an industry specialist. We offer a wealth of inside industry savvy to help you strategically advance your career.
- Network Connections
We have access to a network of thousands of employers worldwide, allowing us to find the best opportunity possible.
Your resume can be submitted two different ways: Submit your resume in response to a job opening you are interested in. You will be presented on that job if you meet the qualifications. Submit your resume to our private database. Our proprietary database allows us to match jobs to your particular skill set. Based on certain criteria you can also be enrolled in one of our career management programs.
Posting your resume to a public job board can be risky-you never know where it can show up or who will stumble upon it. Rest assured that when you submit your resume to our proprietary database it is accessible only to our in-house recruiters. In addition, your resume is not sent anywhere without your knowledge and consent.
Due to the nature of our business we often cannot touch base with every candidate submitting their information. We utilize e-mail frequently to communicate and stay in touch with our network of candidates. We urge all of our candidates to keep in touch with their recruiter and to visit our web site often.
FAQ for Clients
Our only business is the “recruiting business”. We specialize by type of positions and industries we service. Through our “third party” approach we confidentially direct the key recruiting employees from your industry.
We offer four different search options to fit our client’s unique staffing needs. Based on your needs, urgency, number of positions and other specifications we will make recommendations but ultimately allow you to choose the option that is best suited for your needs.
Each of our Senior Account Managers is a specialist within their industry for the types of positions they deal with. Many of our Account Managers were professionals in their industry prior to joining Trillium Talent Resource Group. This additional knowledge gives our Account Managers an edge in finding talent within their particular marketplace.
We begin with a very thorough plan. It is our goal to completely understand not only the position requirements and ideal candidate, but also your company culture. Together with your decision makers we establish a hiring process and timetable. We select our search team and research target companies in your marketplace. Candidates are surfaced through different channels including direct recruiting, networking with others in the marketplace, our MRI intranet, and internet and advertising sources. Through a rigorous screening process we identify and present the best and most qualified talent for your organization.
- Selection & Recruitment
- Application & Licensure
- Trillium has contracts with a number of employers across Canada to recruit healthcare professionals.
- Trillium provides Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals with the knowledge they need to proceed with relocating to Canada as quickly and easily as possible by providing:
- CV Consultation o Interview Preparation
- IELTS Assistance from staff who have written the Academic IELTS exam.
- One-on-one Support.
- Team of knowledgeable, caring, culturally diverse staff with international education and experience.
- Be committed to the process.
- Ensure your Nursing Board(s) and/or previous and/or current employer(s) can provide proof of licensure (Verification of Registration) to a Provincial Board in English.
- Obtain a valid Passport, Birth Certificate or Notarized Birth Affidavit, and Marriage Certificate (if applicable) in English.
- If you are from a non-English speaking country, be prepared to provide proof of English fluency by writing IELTS or TOEFL.
- Speak with your Coordinator about the fees you must pay and save accordingly. You will be reimbursed for a large portion of your fees by your Canadian employer.
- Contact a Trillium Project Coordinator for assistance.
- Wages differ from province to province. The amount of money you will earn will be determined by one or more of the following factors: years of experience and your employer
- Your Project Coordinator will advise you when to submit your resignation.
- You can work in Canada for the duration specified on your Job Offer/Contract; most contracts are issued for 1-2 years. If an employer is happy with your work performance, your employer may extend your contract or assist you in applying for permanent residence.
- The length of time required to relocate to Canada is determined by the following factors:
- Your ability to ensure the documents required by the parties identified by your Project Coordinator are provided in a timely manner.
- The current average processing times at the Provincial Board and Immigration.
HOW CAN WE
Contact us at the Trillium HR office nearest to you or submit a business inquiry online.